Martindale March 2018 update
This update contains 3 new monographs and 5 existing monographs have been updated. Preparations have been updated for 5 countries.
- Acalabrutinib: is an inhibitor of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase used in mantle cell lymphoma.
- Benralizumab: is an IL-5-alpha receptor antibody used as add-on maintenance treatment in severe eosinophilic asthma.
- Netarsudil and Netarsudil Mesilate: is a Rho-kinase inhibitor used in the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
- Aliskiren Fumarate: also licensed for use in children. Interactions, reviews, and heart failure records have been updated.
- Metformin Hydrochloride: licence extended for prevention of type 2 diabetes in high-risk patients. Administration in renal impairment abstract has been updated.
- Sevelamer: can be used in children from 6 years of age.
- Topiramate: uses and administration, adverse effects, and precautions records have been updated.
- Tranexamic Acid: uses and administration updated, haemorrhagic disorders abstract has been updated.
Updated names, synonyms and codes; official standards; official preparations: Ph Eur 9.1, Ph Eur 9.2
Proprietary Preparations and Manufacturers updated for the following countries and regions: Argentina, Australia, Indonesia, UK†, USA†. († Countries updated on an ongoing basis)