Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference September 2020 Update
This update contains 5 new monographs. Preparations have been updated for 7 countries.
• Cefiderocol is a siderophore cephalosporin approved for the treatment of infections due to aerobic Gram-negative organisms in adults with limited treatment options.
• Givosiran, a small interfering RNA, that is used in the treatment of acute hepatic porphyria.
• Lasmiditan is a selective serotonin agonist and can be used to treat acute migraine.
• Luspatercept is a recombinant fusion protein that acts as an erythroid maturation agent. It is used to treat transfusion-dependent anaemia associated with beta-thalassaemia or myelodysplastic syndromes.
• Voxelotor is a haemoglobin oxygen-affinity modulator in the management of sickle-cell disease.
Proprietary Preparations and Manufacturers updated for the following countries and regions:
• New Zealand
† Countries updated on an ongoing basis