Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference December 2020 Update
This update contains 5 new monographs and 1 existing monograph has been updated. Preparations have been updated for 7 countries.
• Crizanlizumab is a human immunoglobulin G2 monoclonal antibody, that binds to P-selectin, used to reduce the frequency of vaso-occlusive crises in sickle-cell disease.
• Elexacaftor is a cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) protein corrector used with ivacaftor and tezacaftor in the treatment of cystic fibrosis in patients who have at least one F508del mutation in the CFTR gene.
• Lumateperone is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia.
• Teprotumumab is a recombinant human monoclonal antibody, directed against the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor, used for the treatment of thyroid eye disease (Graves’ ophthalmopathy).
• Trifarotene is a retinoid analogue used topically in the treatment of acne vulgaris of the face and body.
• Eltrombopag is used with standard immunosuppressive therapy for the first-line treatment of patients aged 2 years and older with severe aplastic anaemia.
Proprietary Preparations and Manufacturers updated for the following countries and regions:
† Countries updated on an ongoing basis