British National Formulary November 2022 Update
This update contains 5 significant changes, 1 dose change, 4 new monographs and 6 new preparations.
• COVID-19 vaccines: updated guidance for immunisation.
• Methylphenidate hydrochloride long-acting (modified-release) preparations: caution if switching between products due to differences in formulations [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Multiple sclerosis: updated guidance on management.
• Nebulised asthma rescue therapy in children: home use of nebulisers in paediatric asthma should be initiated and managed only by specialists [MHRA/CHM advice] (advice in ipratropium bromide, salbutamol, terbutaline sulfate; see example in ipratropium bromide).
• Rucaparib (Rubraca®): withdrawal of third-line treatment indication [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Buprenorphine [update to indications and dose for transdermal patches].
• Sibnayal® [potassium citrate with potassium bicarbonate].
• Tavneos® [avacopan].
• Vydura® [rimegepant].
• Vyepti® [eptinezumab].
New Preparations: Aloflute®, Avenor®, Seffalair Spiromax®, Sereflo Ciphaler®, Stalpex® [fluticasone with salmeterol]; Nuvaxovid® [COVID-19 vaccine].
For further details on changes in the BNF click on https://www.medicinescomplete.com/#/content/bnf/PHP107699