• Brolucizumab for treating wet age-related macular degeneration [NICE guidance].
• Buprenorphine with naloxone (Suboxone®) sublingual film as substitution treatment for opioid drug dependence [SMC guidance].
• Contraceptives, hormonal: updated guidance in-line with Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare recommendations for progestogen-only contraceptives.
• COVID-19: updated guidance.
• COVID-19 vaccine: updated guidance in-line with Public Health England recommendations.
• Dapagliflozin for treating chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction [NICE guidance].
• Filgotinib for treating moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis [NICE guidance].
• Formoterol fumarate with glycopyrronium and budesonide (Trixeo Aerosphere®) for the maintenance treatment in adults with moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease who are not adequately treated by a combination of an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta2-agonist or combination of a long-acting beta2-agonist and a long-acting muscarinic antagonist [SMC guidance].
• Hepatitis B vaccine: updated guidance in-line with Public Health England recommendations.
• Hydrocortisone (Alkindi®): risk of acute adrenal insufficiency in children when switching from hydrocortisone tablet formulations to granules [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Immunoglobulins: updated guidance in-line with Public Health England recommendations for the use of hepatitis B immunoglobulin.
• Iron isomaltoside 1000: name change to ferric derisomaltose.
• Leuprorelin acetate (Prostap® DCS) as adjuvant treatment in combination with tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor, of endocrine responsive early stage breast cancer in pre- and perimenopausal women at higher risk of disease recurrence [SMC guidance].
• Leuprorelin acetate (Prostap® DCS) as treatment in pre- and perimenopausal women with advanced breast cancer suitable for hormonal manipulation [SMC guidance].
• Mepolizumab for treating severe eosinophilic asthma [NICE guidance].
• Metreleptin for treating lipodystrophy [NICE guidance].
• Niraparib for maintenance treatment of advanced ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancer after response to first-line platinum-based chemotherapy [NICE guidance].
• Ozanimod (Zeposia®) for the treatment of adult patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis [SMC guidance].
• Pregabalin (Lyrica®): reports of severe respiratory depression [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Prescribing in breast-feeding: Medicines in pregnancy and breastfeeding–new initiative for consistent guidance; report on optimising data for medicines used during pregnancy [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Prescribing in pregnancy: Medicines in pregnancy and breastfeeding–new initiative for consistent guidance; report on optimising data for medicines used during pregnancy [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Ravulizumab (Ultomiris®) for the treatment of adult patients with paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria [SMC guidance].
• Trabectedin for the treatment of advanced soft tissue sarcoma [updated NICE guidance].
• Ulipristal acetate 5 mg (Esmya®): further restrictions due to risk of serious liver injury [MHRA/CHM].
• Upadacitinib (Rinvoq®) for treatment of moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients who have responded inadequately to, or who are intolerant to one or more disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs [SMC guidance].
• Dexamethasone [update to dosing for adjunctive treatment of suspected bacterial meningitis].
• Dexamethasone [update to dosing for the treatment of severe or critical COVID-19].
• Dexamethasone [update to dosing for treatment of life-threatening cerebral oedema].
• Dulaglutide [update to dosing for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in combination with insulin or other antidiabetic drugs].
• Niraparib [update to dosing for ovarian, fallopian, and peritoneal cancer].
• Myalepta® [metreleptin].
• Von Willebrand factor.
New Preparations: Suboxone® sublingual film [buprenorphine with naloxone].
Deleted Monographs: Cenegermin; Dasabuvir; Dihydrotachysterol; Hydrocortisone with pramocaine; Meprobamate; Methylcellulose; Ombitasvir with paritaprevir and ritonavir; Tetrastarch.
For further details on changes in the BNF click on http://www.medicinescomplete.com/mc/bnf/current/PHP107699-changes.htm