BRITISH NATIONAL FORMULARY MARCH 2023
This update contains 3 significant changes, 2 dose changes, 4 new monographs, and 1 new preparation.
• Genital system infections, antibacterial therapy: updated guidance for the management of uncomplicated genital chlamydia and non-gonococcal urethritis.
• Ibrutinib (Imbruvica®): new risk minimisation measures, including dose modification recommendations, due to the increased risk for serious cardiac events [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Osteoarthritis: updated guidance on management.
• Azithromycin [update to dosing for uncomplicated genital chlamydia in children from 12 years old and adults, update to dosing for non-gonococcal urethritis in adults, and update to include dosing in children from 12 years old for uncomplicated gonorrhoea].
• Ceftriaxone [update to dosing for pelvic inflammatory disease].
• Lunsumio® [mosunetuzumab].
• Rapibloc® [landiolol hydrochloride].
• Tezspire® [tezepelumab].
• Xenpozyme® [olipudase alfa].
• Okedi® [risperidone].
For further details on changes in the BNF click on https://www.medicinescomplete.com/#/content/bnf/PHP107699