• Aminoglycosides: increased risk of deafness in patients with mitochondrial mutations [MHRA/CHM advice] (advice in amikacin, gentamicin, gentamicin with hydrocortisone, neomycin sulfate, tobramycin; see example in gentamicin).
• Epilepsy: updated advice on antiepileptic drugs in pregnancy following comprehensive safety review [MHRA/CHM advice].
• Erythromycin: updated pregnancy statement.
• Melatonin (Slenyto®) for the treatment of insomnia in children aged 2 years and over with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and/or Smith-Magenis syndrome, where sleep hygiene measures have been insufficient [SMC guidance].
• Oropharyngeal infections, antibacterial therapy: updated guidance on management.
• Psychoses and related disorders: updated guidance on management.
• Skin infections, antibacterial therapy: updated guidance for the management of human and animal bites.
• SSRI/SNRI antidepressant medicines: small increased risk of postpartum haemorrhage when used in the month before delivery [MHRA/CHM advice] (advice in citalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine maleate, sertraline; see example in fluoxetine).
• Atropine sulfate [update to dosing for treatment of symptomatic bradycardia due to acute overdosage of beta-blockers].
• Glucagon [update to dosing for treatment of severe hypotension, heart failure or cardiogenic shock due to acute overdosage of beta-blockers].
• Normal immunoglobulin [update to dosing for post-exposure prophylaxis against hepatitis A infection].
• Rosuvastatin [dose adjustments due to interactions updated].
• Vitamins A and D 4000 units/400 units [child age range].
• Cosentyx® [secukinumab].
For further details on changes in the BNFC click on https://www.medicinescomplete.com/#/content/bnfc/PHP107699?hspl=changes